Monday, November 7, 2011

I Have to Say Something About It, Don't I?

Am I disappointed? Yes. Was I expecting this? Yes.

At the time of this writing the NDP is elected or leading in 9 seats out of 58 in Saskatchewan. Many of the close ridings that we hoped would go to the NDP did not. That includes the one I live in.

However, it is true that this is an opportunity for renewal. I realize we have been talking renewal for years, but with the NDP MLAs who have been elected, many of the old guard are out. Unlike previous opportunities for renewal, this may be the saddest, but best one.

I don't look forward to the potential gutting of OHS legislation or the continuing repressive labour legislation that will be coming in the next four years. Hopefully by the end of this new term we'll have some crown corporations left intact.

Here's looking forward to four years from now with hope.

1 comment: